What fight? The fight against skin cancer!
Summer is on FULL BLAST right now. The sun is shining and the outdoors calls. I can’t begin to tell you how much my daughter and I adore the summer months. Our schedule is packed with summer activites like beach days, barbecues, picnics, weekend trips.
There is just no better time for us to really enjoy what our city has to offer but there’s one thing that we must do bfore all the relaxation and enjoyment begins and that’s protecting our precious skin from cancer.
How? Well, it’s actually really simple. Take a guess… It begins with sun and ends with screen. The Neutrogena Suncare line is how I protect myself and my little one in the battle against melanoma.
Did you know that just one bad sunburn can double a child’s odds of developing skin cancer later in life? Yes, it’s so important to protect your child’ from skin cancer today.
Daily sun protection helps prevent skin cancer. Here are some things to keep in mind this summer:
- Apply sunscreen before you go outside. Applying sunscreen about a half hour before you’re skin is exposed allows it to penetrate the skin and start working properly.
- Sunscreen goes everywhere. Sensitive skin areas like the scalp, ears, and neck are easy to miss. Pay close attention to these areas.
- The best way to apply sunscreen is before you dress – get busy with that sunscreen in your birthday suit not your bathing suit. 😉
- Be sure to read and follow the directions on the sunscreen label. Because directions vary, some sunscreen prodcuts may need to be applied after sweating or swimming.
- Drink plenty of water. Water hydrates your body as well as your skin. I freeze water in our reusable bottles and enjoy it nice and cold in the hot sun.
Here are some of must-have products to protect your precious child’s skin:
- Clear Face Liquid Lotion Sunscreen
- Ultra Sheer Dry-Touch Sunscreen
- Wet Skin Sunscreen
- Beach Defense™
Unfortunately, sun protection isn’t within every mother’s reach. That’s why for any Neutrogena product with SPF purchased this May-July, Neutrogena will donate one to a family in need. Every child deserves protection from the sun’s harmful rays. Join Neutrogena as they contine to fight this preventable disease.
Skin cancer is the most common cancer in the world. It has reached epidemic levels, yet it is one of the most preventable cancers. In partnership with the American Society of Dermatologic Surgery, Neutrogena’s Choose Skin Health™ campaign exists to fight skin cancer and save lives through education, early detection and the empowerment to follow sun safe behaviors.
Be sure to follow Neutrogena on Facebook for more information.