HIV/AIDS is the 4th leading cause of death for Latina women aged 35–44 years – The CDC
I am happy to support the Red Pump Project (a second time around) for many reasons. The biggest reason (and no, it’s not only because I love rocking red pumps lol) is because I lost a loved one to this killer. I am not afraid to talk about HIV/AIDS. It’s my duty to spread the word about awareness. Maybe it can help save a life.
Know the facts.
- Number of new HIV infections, 2006: 56,300
- Number of people living with HIV/AIDS: 1.1 million, including more than 468,000 with AIDS
- Number of AIDS deaths since beginning of epidemic: 583,298, including 14,561 in 2007
- Percent of people infected with HIV who don’t know it: 21%
- Black HIV/AIDS Awareness Day – February 7th
- National Women and Girls’ HIV/AIDS Awareness Day – March 10th
- National HIV/AIDS Testing Day – June 27th
- World AIDS Day – December 1st
Show your support. Join the 4th Annual Rock the Red Pump™ Campaign today.
* Statistics are from the latest CDC study.
Spread the word.