To all my single ladies who don’t need a date this Valentine’s Day but will slay anyway join the club of those who are #SingleAndReadyToMingle, and get ready to celebrate the holiday anyway.
For those of you planning a romantic picnic under the stars, a brunch date where you first met the one, or just a celebration party with all your awesome single friends, Unilever beauty brands invite you to get your beautify and glam up for the special day.
Below are easy DIY step-by-steps for fabulous hairstyle ideas for your Valentine’s or #SinglesAwarenessDay activities from celebrity hairstylist Leonardo Rocco.
A Fall-in-Love-by-Day Braided Hairstyle or a Date Night Romantic Up-Do will definitely be a show stopper for any occasion – get noticed by your loved one or attract a romantic glare from a potential admirer. Accompany your looks with Rosie Cheeks and Lips for all-day glam.
Rosie Cheeks and Lips
- Prep your face by using a moisturizing cleanser that will leave your skin soft, glowing and moisturized, such as POND’S Cold Cream Cleanser. This cleanser will provide your skin with a deep clean and provide the needed nourishment with its 50% moisturizer.
- Pat your skin dry with a towel and apply a light moisturizer.
- Start off with a lightweight foundation and add an illuminating concealer to the under-eye area to brighten up the eyes.
- Apply a shimmery rose-pink blush along the cheekbone. Bigger blush brushes allow for a more natural application.
- Use a shadow brush with a long, domed head to mix medium and deep rose shadows by sweeping it back and forth on your eyelids.
- Gently buff your lips with a damp washcloth and apply lip balm. Let it sink in well, and apply a rose-color lipstick.
- To remove makeup use POND’S Luminous Wet Cleansing Towelettes which leave skin feeling clean and hydrated.
P.S. – Pamper your skin with Dove Beauty Bars, which contain ¼ pure moisturizing cream and mild cleansers that leave skin clean, soft and smooth.
Fall-in-Love-by-Day Braided Hairstyle
- Wash and condition your hair with products that will cleanse, provide moisture, and give your hair the extra volume it needs such as Dove Hair Oxygen Moisture Shampoo and Conditioner.
- Detangle your hair and apply a leave-in product that will moisturize your hair and create a flexible hold to keep voluminous hairstyles intact, such as Dove Hair Oxygen Moisture Leave-In Foam.
- Dry your hair as desired. Gather a large piece of hair that sits on the crown of your head and braid it towards the right side until you reach the back of your head.
- Gather a piece of hair located on the right side of your head, and braid it until you reach the back. Do the same on left side.
- Gather all three braids with a hair band and let the rest of your hair loose to complete the Fall-in-Love-by-Day look.
Date Night Romantic Up-Do
- Wash and condition your hair with products that will cleanse and moisturize your hair, making it easier for styling.
- Dry your hair as desired. Use your fingers to comb through your hair and bring it to the back of your head into a ponytail.
- Separate the hair in the ponytail into two sections and tease.
- Wrap the separate sections of the teased hair in opposite directions and secure the hair with bobby pins.
- Finish off by using Suave Professionals Luxe Style Infusion Hair Spray to maintain a flexible hold.
Disclosure: No monetary compensation was provided for this post. All opinions are my own.