It’s tax season! Did you know that 72% of all taxpayers recieve a refund. That can mean cha-ching for some of you but first keep reading. Plus, you can win a gift card to get your taxes done for free thanks to TurboTax!
TurboTax’s goal is to empower Latinos to do their own taxes instead of spending money and time for someone to help them.
TurboTax’s provides personalized assistance for users to identify the credits that are applicable to them in order to get the greatest refund. TurboTax Online customers can easily and accurately jump-start their taxes with the snap of a photo, connect with TurboTax experts live via one-way video to get answers to their specific questions and get personalized and relevant explanations about credits and deductions they are eligible for so they can be confident their taxes are done right.
I’d like to share the latest tips from TurboTax spokesperson and lifestyle expert, Marinés Duarte, on how to file smarter. 😉
Tip #1: Ready, set, GO! Know your tax credits beforehand
· Mark January 19 on your calendar, gather your W2 – your employer has until the end of January to send it – and other required tax documentation to file ASAP. But don’t rush. You may qualify for a tax credit, which is a dollar-for-dollar reduction of the income tax you owe. For example, if you paid for babysitting or daycare during 2015, you may be eligible for the Child and Dependent Care Credit
· On the other hand, if you contributed to your retirement plan – such as a qualified investment account, 401(k) and others –you may be eligible for the Savers Credit. Additional tax credits are available as well. Take a look at them here.
Tip #2: Create a 2015 end of year expense recap
· Life is full of surprises. Before closing the chapter on 2015, take a moment to consider everything that you did during the year that could affect you financially. Big life events such as getting married or having a baby are easy ones; however, as a mother of four, I recommend taking your time and think about smaller events or expenses, such as ones involving job searches and other business-related expenses.
Tip #3: Set your mind on skipping the line – do your taxes from home. It IS possible.
· Whether you are too busy enjoying 60-degree weather in California or trying to survive 20-degree winters in New York, no one likes to make a special errand to file taxes and spend their precious time waiting in line or spend too much to get their taxes done.
· Do-it-yourself tax preparation is the fastest-growing tax preparation method, up 5 percent year-over-year, according to the IRS. The rise of DIY tax preparation is especially relevant to the 60 million Americans who have simple tax returns (1040EZ and 1040A) and can file them at absolutely no cost with TurboTax Absolute Zero.
Visit TurboTax and learn how you can easily and accurately file your taxes yourself. TurboTax Online customers can easily and accurately jump-start their taxes with the snap of a photo, connect with TurboTax experts live via one-way video to get answers to their specific questions and get personalized and relevant explanations about credits and deductions they are eligible for so they can be confident their taxes are done right.
The key to financial success rests on preparing yourself ahead of time and being smart about things you can control, like filing your taxes. That’s why TurboTax is empowering the community to file our taxes ourselves in order to get the biggest refund possible without making an appointment at a tax filing service and without needing prior tax knowledge – guaranteed.
For more information on how to save money, visit TurboTax and learn more about the Absolute Zero program, which is the brand’s free tax filing offer.
Disclosure: No monetary compensation was provided for this post. All opinions are my own.