Mother’s Day is around the corner and I can’t help but be excited because this is my first Mothers Day as a mom of 2! Yes, I had a little girl last December and I’m in love all over again.
Baby Z is doing well and I am proud to say that I’m still nursing. I nursed my first born for 3 months because the support for a nursing mom in the workplace wasn’t really heard of more than a decade ago. Thankfully, things have changed and I am able to pump at work to continue to feed my baby the natural stuff but even with the support it’s still very hard and every bit of extra help I can get is really appreciated. Needless to say, it’s been worth all of the challenges I faced.
What better way to honor a nursing mom than with a gift she can use to make her breastfeeding journey a successful one. Special thanks to Brooklyn Moms With Babes facebook group for the insight on some of the gift ideas below!
- Mothers Milk Tea – This lovely tea comes in two flavors and helps support lactation. It’s supposed to also help the baby be less gassy too.
- Boppy Pillow – Pillows make promote the highest level of comfort in and away from the nursery. Babies also love to chill on the boppy.
- Nursing Cover-up – Until lawmakers make nursing areas for mamas in public areas, nursing in public is inevitable. A great cover-up works wonders for mama and baby.
- Gift certificate to Seamless– A gift certificate to her favorite restaurant would be a great gift because a nursing mama needs to satisfy that healthy food craving without having to leave home to do so.
- Night lights are so important for nighttime feedings. They give off enough light for nighttime diaper changes and feedings but won’t startle baby. IKEA has these really neat LED’s.
- A Gift certificate to Netflix so she can catch up on her favorite shows. I’m not ashamed to say that I love to catch up on a show or movie that u couldn’t watch during the day.
- Massage therapy is very important for mama. Mama needs to be stress-free in order to make milk. Spaweek.com has tons of specials and discounts.
- Homemade oatmeal cookies, in fact, any homemade meal would be very much appreciated by any mama. 😉
- Lactation Specialist- Many moms don’t know that support groups for hearing moms are right around the corner. La Leche League holds weekly meetings in every neighborhood to assist a nursing mom with everything from questions to tips on nursing and more.
- Lanolin– To relieve some of the discomfort baby causes on mamas tatas, lanolin can help mama heal. A little tube of this will be much appreciated by mama and her tatas.
I hope these gift ideas will help anyone who’s wondering what to give a nursing mom this holiday.