Disclosure: I received a PaneraBread gift card for the sole purposes of reviewing the broth bowls which are delish just in case you were wondering. All opinions are my own.
Rainy days are lucky days, I always say. Instead of frowning upon this weather, I tend to find ways to enjoy the rain. Here are 10 things you can try on a rainy day. Kids included.
- Find a book I can read with child by the window.
- Time to get creative! Pull out old the construction paper and crayons. Scribble and draw whatever comes to mind. Drawing and scribbling really relaxes me. Try it!
- Treat myself and my little one to a mani/pedi. Cut nails with nail clipper. File down any sharp edges. Follow with a simple soak (mild soap and warm water in a bowl) for 5 min, then pat dry. Massage fragrance free lotion to hands and feet.
- Organize toys, donate the ones that are no longer used.
- Organize wardrobe, donate pieces that no longer fit because I lost a few pounds. 😉
- Put on our rain boots and splash in a puddle or two.
- Visit our local library for story time or toddler time activities. They’re super fun and free.
- Have fun in the kitchen! Make an easy recipe together. Whether it’s baking or trying out a new recipe, a rainy day is a perfect time to do it.
- Dust off our favorite board game and put on our game faces.
- Soup always tastes better on a rainy day. At least, I think so. I stop by our local PaneraBread and enjoy one of their broth bowls. They’re healthy and delicious. We get to choose from soba noodle with chicken, lentil quinoa with chicken, soba noodle with edemame, or a lentil quinoa with a cage-free egg. Yum!
I hope you had a great Monday!