Did you know that the average time spent falling asleep after getting into bed on Sundays is 64 minutes?! Ay bendito….
88% say there are certain steps they can take before bedtime to lead to a good night sleep on Sunday. A better night sleep starts with a good bedtime routine.
P&G has teamed up with Jenni Pulos, star of Bravo’s Flipping Out, to help Americans suffering from occasional sleeplessness, or having difficulty falling asleep achieve a more restful night’s sleep with the Try it & Love it Sleep Soundly program. Along with the help of trusted brands, Febreze and ZzzQuil, Americans suffering from occasional sleeplessness can fall asleep more easily and sleep soundly.
This sleep deprived mommy could use the help of loved brands like Febreze and ZzzQuil to help this occasional sleep sufferer, like myself, get a good night sleep.
Jenni Pulos offers a few go-to tips for a better sleep experience:
- Paint Your Room a Cooling Color: Believe it or not, but the color of your bedroom can impact your sleep. Choose a calming shade from a cool-color family like grey, taupe, or a cool neutral which are known for creating a soothing, calm atmosphere.
- Create a Soothing Environment: As you’re preparing for bed simply mist a soothing scent in the room to unwind and relax. The calming nature of lavender or soothing properties of milk and honey from the Febreze Sleep Serenity Bedroom Mist collection transform any bedroom into a relaxing environment ideal for sleep.
- Me Time: After tucking your kids into bed or wrapping up your to-dos for the day, take advantage of quality “me” time. Flip on a show or read a book, but 30 minutes before bed turn off the TV and avoid using smartphones or tablets.
- If You Still Can’t Sleep: Some nights it can be downright difficult to drift off to sleep easily. Keep items on your nightstand that help you fall asleep, like a book. If you still find yourself suffering from occasional sleeplessness, ZzzQuil can help you fall asleep more easily and wake refreshed.
In addition to Pulos’ tips, Febreze and ZzzQuil teamed up with experts at the National Sleep Foundation for advice on how to get a good night’s sleep:
- Relax & Wind Down: Establish a relaxing bedtime routine, allowing time to wind down and avoiding activities that might excite you. A hot bath can relax you and cause a drop in body temperature that helps you feel drowsy.
- Keep it Cool: Turn down your thermostat to between 60 and 67 degrees Fahrenheit to keep your bedroom cool at night.
- If You Can’t Sleep: Get out of bed if you are not sleepy and do something relaxing for 20-30 minutes in dim light. When you are sleepy, go back to bed.
Procter & Gamble brands ZzzQuil and Febreze consulted with the National Sleep Foundation in designing the survey instrument. The National Sleep Foundation was not responsible for the analysis or the interpretation of findings. The survey was conducted online within the United States from December 29-31, 2014 among 2,041 adults ages 18 and older (among which 280 who struggle to fall asleep more on Sunday compared to other days of the week) by Harris Poll. This online survey is not based on a probability sample and therefore no estimate of theoretical sampling error can be calculated.
Here’s to sweet dreams and better mornings!
Disclosure: no monetary compensation was provided for this post. All opinions are my own.