America’s new sweetheart, Gina Rodriguez, looked stunning on the Academy Awards’ red carpet with a tasteful and elegant up do by Paul Norton. She looked bella! I remember meeting Gina a little while ago at the HBO Habla Women screening and she was just beautiful on the inside and out.
GET THE LOOK: Celebrity hairstylist Paul Norton gave Gina a sophisticated and timeless up do for the 2015 Academy Awards. “Gina’s hair is versatile, she can look great with any hairstyle but today we wanted to give her a glamorous look for the Oscars,” said Norton.
Congratulations to all the winners of last nights Oscars but the winning hair look went to Gina Rodriguez.
Here is the step-by-step breakdown:
- First, Norton prepped damp hair with John Frieda Frizz Ease Beyond Smooth Frizz-Immunity Primer to create the perfect foundation for a frizz-free hairstyle. Then he blew out her hair with a small round boar bristle brush until it was fully dry.
- Then, Norton divided her hair into two sections, from ear to ear, clipping the back part out of the way and set hot rollers to the center front section to add in fullness and volume. He clipped the side front sections temporarily.
- Next, Norton pulled the back section into a low sleek side ponytail. To avoid flyaways, he applied John Frieda Frizz Ease Expert Finish Polishing Serum. Norton sprayed the ponytail with John Frieda KeraFORCE Intense Hold Hairspray and braided it and secured it with an elastic. He then twisted the braid while forming a bun and secured it with French hair pins. Once the back was completed, Norton worked on the front side sections, sweeping each side section over the bun and secured with bobby pins.
- Finally, Norton removed the hot curlers from the front section and brushed through the top with a mason pearson brush and back-combed hair gently to add the right amount of fullness. He finished the look by anchoring the top section of the hair to the back with bobby pins and secured the entire look with a few more sprays of John Frieda KeraFORCE Intense Hold Hairspray.
- It’s simple yet chic. This is a look I can wear from the office to a night out with the ladies.
Congrats again to all the winners!
Till next years Oscars!