It’s finally spring, a time for celebrations. Mother’s Day, Father’s Day, Birthdays, and many other reasons to entertain your friends and family, are in the near future.
These dinners, brunches and/or lunches, entail lots of thought, prep work and clean up. It’s so great to know that a brand as awesome as OxiClean makes entertaining at home achievable and stress free.
A couple of weeks ago, I had the pleasure of being among celebrity designer and entertaining expert, Mark Addison. Mark shared his must-have recipes, tips and tools, including three new innovations from OxiClean, to make at-home entertaining easy.
Mark Addison also demonstrated how Oxiclean works right before our eyes. I learned that OxiClean is great to have on hand for keeping your spring and summer linens and dishes radiant!
OxiClean’s trio of new products which just came out on shelves last month. You can now get the trusted stain removal power of OxiClean in the form of a laundry detergent, dishwasher detergent, and whitening laundry additive. I saw them work before my very eyes.
Focusing around the “at-home” entertaining theme, expert Mark Addison shared his tips for hosting the perfect party, including his favorite recipes.
Here’s some Fairy Tale Recipes by Mark Addison!
Poison Apple – Snow White
Makes 1 cocktail
Serve in a martini glass
2 oz Van Gogh Vodka Wild Apple
2 oz fresh apple juice
2 oz ONEHOPE California Brut Sparkling Wine
red cinnamon sugar for rim
1. Gather all of your ingredients and glassware.
2. Fill a small apothecary bottle with grenadine and place a small glass eyedropper to the side of it.
3. Rim the glass with red cinnamon sugar
1. In a large cocktail shaker, combine apple vodka and apple juice. Shake well.
2. Strain the contents of the cocktail shaker into a rocks glass, top off with sparkling wine.
3. Add three drops of grenadine to the cocktail using an eyedropper
Sleeping Potion – Sleeping Beauty
Makes 1 cocktail
Serve in a champagne glass
2 oz Van Gogh Vodka Citroen or Oranje
1 oz lime juice
1 oz white cranberry juice
2 oz sparkling water or soda
1 orange curl*
1. Pour the vodka, lime juice, and white cranberry juice into a shaker with ice.
2. Shake well and pour into your glass (ice included). Add the soda water.
3. Using an eyedropper, squeeze blue curacao from an apothecary bottle into the glass for color and taste.
4. Garnish with an orange curl*.
*How to make an orange curl: Trim the ends off an orange and slice through the rind from top to bottom just enough to slightly pierce the pulp. Slowly run your thumb along the cut edges to pry the rind away from the pulp keeping the rind from splitting. Once separated, roll the rind up into a log shape and secure with toothpicks. Slice the rind log into ¼ inch slices and place in a bowl. Uncurl the slices and place on the rim of a glass for a garnish.
Beauty and the Beets Salad – Beauty and the Beast
1/4 cup fresh squeezed orange juice
1/8 cup balsamic vinegar
1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
1 (10 oz) package mixed baby salad greens
4 medium grilled beets
1/3 cup The Peanut Shop Sweet Georgia Pecans
log of goat cheese, cut into evenly sized medallions (1 medallion/serving)
1. In a small bowl, whisk together the orange juice, vinegar and olive oil to make the dressing.
2. In a large bowl, toss the salad greens with the dressing, reserving 2 tablespoons of the dressing.
3. Evenly divide the salad and place it into individual serving bowls.
4. Divide the candied pecans equally and sprinkle over the greens. Place equal amounts of beets over the green, and top with medallions of goat cheese.
5. Drizzle each salad with the reserved dressing.
Whether you’re a homeowner, host or party guest, stains are an inevitable and annoying part of entertaining, but OxiClean can take care of the pre- and post-party cleanup to make sure everything is spotless.
Don’t forget to get social with OxiClean:
Follow them on Twitter.
“Like” OxiClean on Facebook.
Have a wonderful, bright season!
Disclosure: No monetary compensation was provided for this post. All opinions are my own.