You can rock this Red Carpet look!
INSPIRATION: Classic red carpet with a sleek, sexy edge.
Celebrity hairstylist Rogue gave Tony Award-winning actress, Idina Menzel, a straight and polished red carpet look for the 2014 Academy Awards last night. “Idina has really curly hair and with the rain in Los Angeles today, we wanted to make sure her hair stayed sleek and frizz-free,” said Roque.
Here is his step-by-step breakdown:
1. Roque asked Idina to wash her hair with John Frieda Frizz Ease Smooth Start Shampoo and Conditioner last night in order to give her the perfect frizz-free foundation for her straight style tonight. “Idina has tight, curly hair so it was important that she eliminated frizz at the core for easier styling tonight.”
2. To begin styling, Roque created a cocktail of John Frieda Frizz Ease Straight Fixation Styling Crème and two drops of Frizz Ease Extra Strength Six Effects + Serum and applied throughout Idina’s clean, wet hair.
3. Next, Roque gave Idina a low side part over her left eye before blow-drying her hair straight using a Mason Pearson Brush. “I believe it’s important part the hair before you begin heat styling.”
4. To prep Idina’s hair for the flat iron, Roque spritzed John Frieda Frizz Ease 3-Day Straight Flat Iron Spray throughout to protect Amy’s hair from the heat of the iron as well as guarantee a smooth, straight look.
5. After flat ironing in sections, Rogue tucked the remainder of Idina’s hair on the left side gently behind her ear and sprayed John Frieda Luxurious Volume All Day Hold Hair Spray for a flawless finish.