If you’re like me then you have absolutely no idea who’s playing who this Superbowl Sunday. I have zero shame in confessing to you that I have little to no knowledge of football other than my high school boyfriend who was a captain. 😉
Who will win the Superbowl? Que se yo?
Talk to be about la comida at a Superbowl party and you’ll have my full attention. As you prepare your Super Bowl party, no matter who wins on the field, you’ll be the champion in the kitchen and among your friends! Here are some mouthwatering dish will your guests love.
With the help of talented chef Ema Quevedo, you’ll be cooking your way to a touchdown and preparing the best football celebration! That’s right, chef Ema’s scrumptious recipes and brilliant tips will have you scoring big with your friends.
Here are my top 3 recipes:
CHICKEN FAJITA GRILLED PIZZAS
- 1 lb. boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1 large red onion, cut into 1/2-inch-thick slices
- 2 Tbsp. vegetable oil
- 2 large poblano peppers
- 2 (12-in.) prebaked pizza crust
- 1 1/2 cups Ragu® Old World Style® Pasta Sauce
- 3 cups shredded reduced fat Monterey Jack cheese [or cheddar cheese]
- 2 Tbsp. chopped fresh cilantro
- Lightly coat chicken and onion with oil, then season, if desired, with salt and ground black pepper. Grill chicken, onion and peppers, turning once, 8 minutes or until chicken is thoroughly cooked and vegetables are tender. Don’t be alarmed when the peppers turn black while grilling. The skin will easily peel or slip off after cooling. Wrap peppers in aluminum foil; let stand 5 minutes, then remove skin and thinly slice. Thinly slice chicken; set aside.
- Grill top side of pizza crusts 1 minute; remove from grill. Evenly spread pizzas with Ragu® Old World Style® Tomato & Mozzarella Pasta Sauce, then evenly top with chicken, vegetables and cheese. Grill pizzas, covered, 3 minutes or until cheese is melted. Sprinkle with cilantro. Serve, if desired, with additional heated Sauce and diced avocado.
CAUTION FLAG CHICKEN WINGS WITH MAPLE BOURBON GLAZE
- 36 chicken wings (about 3 lbs.)
- 1 Tbsp. vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 cup pure maple syrup [or pancake syrup]
- 1/2 cup ketchup
- 1/4 cup bourbon or whiskey
- 1 tsp. hot pepper sauce, (optional)
- 1/2 cup Hellmann’s® or Best Foods® Real Mayonnaise
- Cut tips off wings; cut wings in half at joint.
- Heat oil in medium saucepan over medium-high heat and cook onion, stirring occasionally, 5 minutes or until golden. Add syrup, ketchup, bourbon and hot pepper sauce. Bring to a boil over high heat. Reduce heat to low and simmer, stirring occasionally, 5 minutes or until sauce thickens slightly. Remove from heat. With wire whisk, stir in Hellmann’s® or Best Foods® Real Mayonnaise until smooth.
- Grill or broil chicken wings, turning occasionally and brushing frequently with sauce, 15 minutes or until chicken is thoroughly cooked.
- Variation: Use a 2-1/2- to 3-pound chicken, cut into serving pieces instead of chicken wings and grill 40 minutes or until chicken is thoroughly cooked.
LATIN-STYLE STREET VENDOR CORN ON THE COB
- 6 ears corn-on-the-cob
- 1/4 cup Hellmann’s® or Best Foods® Real Mayonnaise
- 3 Tbsp. sour cream
- 3 Tbsp. chopped fresh cilantro
- 2 Tbsp. FRANK’S® REDHOT® Original Cayenne Pepper Sauce
- Juice from 1 lime
- 1 clove finely chopped garlic
- 1/4 tsp. chili powder
- 1/2 cup finely grated Cotija cheese [or Parmesan]
- Grill, steam or boil corn until tender.
- Meanwhile, combine remaining ingredients except cheese in small bowl.
- Arrange hot corn on serving platter; cool 3 minutes. Drizzle with Mayonnaise mixture; turn to coat. Sprinkle with cheese.
Good luck to your team whether it be the Denver Broncos or the Seattle Seahawks! (At least I know who’s playing. I get some kind of credit for that, don’t I? LOL)
Visit Unilever for more fun and entertaining recipes that are good for you and affordable.