Disclosure: This is part of a sponsored campaign with Quaker. However, all opinions expressed are my own.
Congratulations, Mami2jcn! You won the #BetterTogether giveaway!
Did you know that Quaker Oatmeal and milk are best friends? Yes! They go perrrfect together, just ask my little one. The delicious combination of milk and oatmeal is a meal packed with calcium, fiber, iron, protein, potassium and vitamins D, A and B12!
I have very fond memories of my dad standing over the stove, carefully stirring the “avena” till it was just right. He would save the cinnamon stick for one of us and he’d always let us sprinkle as much cinnamon we wanted on top. 🙂 Sweet memories come from warm meals like a bowl of oatmeal in the morning.
As a mother now myself, I want to give my daughter the same kind of love via a delicious and healthy bowl of oatmeal. I also let her sprinkle the cinnamon on top of her oatmeal herself.
Quaker has partnered with The National Dairy Council and The Kroger Co. Family of Stores to bring you the Better Together program, where oatmeal and milk join forces to inspire delicious recipes that help make your family moments better when you are together.
For this initiative, Quaker and The Kroger Co. Family of Stores are donating $25K to Feeding America through its Tweet for a Cause initiative!
Here’s how you can help.
Quaker is encouraging families like yours to spend quality time together and make things, Better Together. Tweet photos of you and your family making and enjoying Quaker oatmeal together using the #BetterTogether hashtag.
Here’s an oatmeal recipe my family loves to enjoy “juntos” (together).
Scary Pumpkin & Spice Oatmeal Recipe
- 1 cup oats (shredded in a food processor)
- 1 1/2 cups non-fat milk
- 2 tablespoons pumpkin puree
- sprinkle of cinnamon, ginger, and pumpkin spice
- Salt and sugar to taste
- Shred oats in food processor. (optional)
- Over low-medium heat, bring warm up the milk and spices (you’ll see little bubbles on the rim around the milk in the sauce pan).
- Add oats and stir carefully. Add pumpkin puree. Cook for about 5-10 minutes.
- Add salt and sugar to taste.
- Serve with a Halloween inspired marshmallow and a sprinkle of cinnamon.
One lucky reader will win a $50 gift card!
HOW TO ENTER:
Mandatory Entry: .
In a comment below share your favorite recipe (one you’d like to try with oatmeal +milk? ) or What favorite recipe do you make with your loved ones that involves the oatmeal + milk?
Additional Entry Options:
- Follow @Rachlwhite on Twitter
- Give The Digital Latina on Facebook a like
- Tweet about this giveaway using the #BetterTogether hashtag and leaving the link to your tweet in a comment below
- Give Quaker a like on Facebook
- Follow @Quaker on Twitter
- Pin this recipe on Pinteresttagging Quaker Oats
*Giveaway is only open to US residents (48 contiguous states) and 18+ and up.*
This giveaway ends November 15th at 12:00 A.M.!
Get more information about the Better Together & Tweet For A Cause program HERE.