Preparation Time: 5 mins
- 3 tablespoons hot water
- 2 teaspoons NESCAFÉ CLÁSICO Pure Instant Coffee Granules
- 1 cup milk
- 1/4 cup NESTLÉ ABUELITA Chocolate Syrup
- 2 tablespoons vodka
- 2 tablespoons coffee liqueur
- Fill pitcher or cocktail shaker with hot water and coffee granules; stir until coffee is dissolved. Add milk, Abuelita syrup, vodka and coffee liqueur. Fill with ice cubes. Stir or shake for 10 to 15 seconds. Strain into 4 cocktail (martini) glasses. Serve immediately.
Abuelita Sugar Skull Cookies
Preparation Time: 20 mins
Cooking Time: 13 mins
Standing Time: 20 mins
- 1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter
- 2 tablets (90 grams each) NESTLÉ ABUELITA Chocolate
- 2/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1 large egg
- 4 individual boxes WONKA SweeTARTS Skulls N’ Bones (found in WONKA Monster Treats assorted candy bag)
- Preheat oven to 375° F.
- Combine flour, baking soda and salt in medium bowl; set aside.
- Place butter and Abuelita chocolate in medium saucepan. Cook over medium-low heat, stirring frequently, for 5 minutes or until completely melted and smooth; let cool for 10 minutes.
- Beat Abuelita mixture and sugar in large mixer bowl. Add egg; beat until combined. Gradually add flour mixture, beating just until blended.
- Shape rounded tablespoon of dough into ball. Flatten ball into a disk and shape into a skull by pinching sides of bottom quarter of dough. Repeat with remaining dough. Place cookies 2 inches apart on ungreased baking sheets.
- Bake for 8 to 9 minutes or until golden around edges. Immediately press Skulls N’ Bones onto cookies to form eyes and mouth. Cool on baking sheets for 2 minutes; remove to wire racks to cool completely.
Café de Olla Atole
Preparation Time: 5 mins
Cooking Time: 15 mins
Yield Size: 4
Yield Description: to 6 servings
- 4 cups milk
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 3 tablespoons NESCAFÉ Café de Olla Instant Coffee Beverage Granules
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- Ground cinnamon for garnish
1. Combine milk and cornstarch in medium saucepan and whisk until combined.
2. Add sugar and coffee granules; cook over medium-low heat, stirring constantly for about 15 minutes or until thickened (do not boil).
3. Remove from heat and add vanilla extract.
4. Serve warm and sprinkled with cinnamon.
Serving Suggestions: This fragant atole is wonderful with pan de muertos!
Follow NESCAFÉ for more fun recipes!
What are some of your favorite day of the dead inspired recipes?