COVERGIRL successfully took over this year’s MTV Video Music Awards, as the official beauty sponsor!
Where do I even start?
DJs NERVO (Mim & Liv) were the official deejays on the red carpet, asking everyone to share their red carpet #COVERMOMENT selfie and encouraging readers to visit www.CoverMoment.com where consumers can upload their best beauty selfies and win tickets to next year’s VMAs.
The newest CG on the block, Becky G, also attended the VMAs for the 1st time, and debuted her CVS ‘Back to School and Back on Tour’ TV commercial – she’s going on an MTV national tour with Austin Mahone this fall!
CG’s rockstar P!NK won the 1st moonman of the night before the awards even began!
CG’s R&B queen, Janelle Monae, took home a moonman too for her Erykah Badu collaboration! (P!NK and Janelle did not attend the VMAs.)
CONGRATS, LADIES! And now, here’s a little something for you! Below are the full how-to and list of CG products to create the MTV CG looks. Have fun!
Mim and Liv of NERVO’s Nail Looks:
- Since NERVO was DJing the VMA red carpet, their nails had to make a statement! The Brooklyn location of the VMAs served as the inspiration for their nails looks – cool, yet gritty! NERVO’s electric look and sound definitely came through in their nail looks.
- For Mim, the base was COVERGIRL Outlast Stay Brilliant Nail Gloss in Black Diamond, Snow Storm, Forever Fawn, and Golden Opportunity. To make the look really funky, bold accessories were added including studs, a diamond bow and gold chains. She even donned an MTV flag on one of her nails to pay homage to the VMAs!
- For Liv, the look was kept simple, starting with a base of COVERGIRL Outlast Stay Brilliant Nail Gloss in Black Diamond and Snow Storm, with cool designs on each to give the look some edge.
Mim and Liv of NERVO’s Makeup Looks:
- The girls have such a unique sense of style, so of course their beauty looks have to be a part of that. The outfits they chose for the red carpet were insane, so the beauty look had to be complimentary!
- For Mim, COVERGIRL Clean Whipped Cream Foundation in Natural Beige (340) was applied as a base, followed by blush and two different bronzers for defined cheekbones: the Clean Glow Blush in Roses and Clean Glow Bronzer in Spices, and also TruBlend Minerals Bronzer in Golden Sunrise. The blended colors provided precise definition.
- On the eyes, she started with COVERGIRL Ink It! Liner in Black Ink and drew from the inner corner of the eye to the outer, defining the eye lid into a full cat eye shape. Flamed Out Shadow Pot in Molten Black was used to fill in the space between the outer line and the lash line. The top water line was filled with liner to enhance the thickness of her lashes. To complete the bold eye, she finished with Clump Crusher Extensions in Very Black.
- On the lips, a pop of sheer color was added using Queen Collection Jumbo Gloss Balm in Pink Diamond (800).
- Liv’s beauty look was kept really simple with a striking cat eye. She used Clean Whipped Cream Foundation in Buff Beige (325) all over her face, and then set with TruBLEND Minerals Loose Powder in Translucent Medium (415). Clean Glow Bronzer in Spices was used to contour the cheeks and finished with Clean Glow Blush in Peaches.
- A dramatic cat eye was created using a nude shadow as the base. She started with COVERGIRL Eye Enhancers in Mink (750), and then wore LineBlast 24 Hour Liner to create the sexy cat eye.
- Liv’s look was finished with a beautiful lip created using LipPerfection in Rapture (280) with a touch of Smoochies Lip Balm in Luv Bug (245) for that extra gloss.
Becky G’s Nail Look:
- It was Becky’s first VMAs so she wanted to wear something mega cool! Again, the Brooklyn location of the VMAs was the inspiration.
- COVERGIRL Outlast Stay Brilliant Nail Gloss in Snow Storm was applied as the base, and embellished with the bright Outlast Stay Brilliant Glosstini colors including Bahama Mama, Lemon Drop, Sangria, and Blue Hawaiian. She wore a graffiti design, very reminiscent of the tagged Brooklyn buildings, which was achieved by tapping a sponge on the nails while they were still wet to mix the colors.
Becky G’s Makeup Look:
- Becky really wanted an “Easy Breezy” look to complement her outfit, so she went with a clean smokey eye, flawless skin and a juicy berry toned lip.
- On the eyes, Becky wore a shadow one shade darker than her skin color applied all over her lid, using a fluffy eye shadow brush. On top, she wore COVERGIRL Ink It! Liner in Black Ink on her upper and lower lash lines. The liner was worked into her lashes with a small smudge brushed to give her a natural smoked-out look. To finish, her lashes were coated with COVERGIRL Flamed Out Mascara to make them really pop!
- Becky’s skin was prepped by moisturizing and applying COVERGIRL Clean Whipped Creme Foundation. A bit of COVERGIRL + Olay Concealer Balm was applied under her eyes and wherever needed. COVERGIRL Clean Glow Blush in Roses was swept along her cheeks to finish her skin and powder was applied to keep the shine away.
- Soft lips are always a must! Becky’s lips were lined and filled with a soft berry liner and applied COVERGIRL Lipslicks Smoochies Lip Balm in Be Sweet, finishing with a layer of COVERGIRL Wetslicks Fruit Spritzers Lipgloss in Papaya Splash to give her a super juicy pout.
And last but not least, Lionsgate helped CG debut their official #CapitolCOVERGIRL collection commercial for The Hunger Games partnership: http://youtu.be/ENQGWPNu690. Check out our new ‘Beauty Studio’ website http://www.covergirl.com/
- Tumblr: http://covergirl.tumblr.com/
- Facebook: www.covergirllatina.com
- Twitter: www.twitter.com/covergirl
- YouTube: www.youtube.com/covergirl
- Instagram: www.instagram.com/covergirl
- Pinterest: http://pinterest.com/
Disclosure: No monetary compensation was provided for this post. All opinions are my own.