Summer vacation begins in less than two weeks here in NYC. Our family usually stays busy seizing the moments when school’s out. We really try to get the most out of the summer because as a working mom, it’s not as easy to take a day off with the kids. Luckily, Mara joined the Girl Scouts and we have our weekends lined up with fun-filled and exciting adventures. Camping is #1 on our summer vacation bucket list! Yes, we leave for camp next weekend we’re super excited.
As you may or may not know, camping requires a lot of preparation beforehand since many accommodations and certain services are limited in the wilderness. Two things I love to provide my kiddo during hot summer days is plenty of water and fruit. Thanks to DOLE Fruit Squish’ems, I’m able to pack plenty of fruit for my growing girl, even far away in the wilderness.
New DOLE Fruit Squish’ems come in an easy-to-use pouch are so easy to open and enjoy. Each pouch contains a full serving of all-natural fruit and is only 60 calories and they’re delicious! As a busy mom, this is the most convenient way for my kiddo to snack healthy! So move over sugary icees, my kid is going to eat healthy, even on-the-go. Want to know the best part of the DOLE Fruit Squish’ems? Well, they’re BPA, GMO (not made with genetically modified or engineered ingredients), and Gluten free! That’s not all – DOLE Fruit Squish’ems are made from fresh apples grown in the USA. This is something we should celebrate, parents?!
OK – Back to the wilderness…
Here are some items I recommend you bring when camping:
- Sun block
- Bug repellent
- Sneakers no sandals, slippers
- Towels, blankets, and fitted sheets (whether you have a blow-up bed or cabin bed)
- Sleeping bag
- Personal hygeine items-soap shampoo, toothbrush toothpaste deordorant etc…
- Refillable water bottle
- Flashlight (It get’s drak out there.)
- Backpack (Best way to schlep stuff around. No totes or purses.)
- Rain poncho no umbrellas (Whenever you bring one of these it doesn’t rain er… or atleast that’s what happens to me. LOL)
- Jacket can get chilly at night
- Extra socks and underwear
- Pants (helps avoid pesky bug bites)
- Bathing suits (Yay!)
- DOLE Fruit Squish’ems
- Granola bars
Hope you guys have an amazing summer!