In commemoration of the Cinco de Mayo celebrations, the talented chef, Isa Souza, created the “Cinco de Minion” salsa recipe. It was especially prepared to celebrate the release of Despicable Me 2, which will be released in theaters July 3, 2013.
What are you waiting for! Surprise your guests of all ages this weekend with the original and fun recipe!
“Cinco de Minion” salsa recipe:
- 3 yellow bell peppers (2 chopped and reserve the 3rd to serve)
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, diced
- 2 tablespoons of sour cream
- 2 teaspoons of salt
- 3 tablespoons of olive oil
- ½ teaspoon of ground cumin
- ½ teaspoon of ground black pepper
- Heat a medium-sized pan at high temperature. Add the olive oil, followed by the garlic and onion, stirring constantly.
- Add yellow bell pepper. Reduce the temperature and season with salt, pepper and cumin. Mix well and let it cook for about 15 minutes on low heat. Stir constantly.
- When the yellow bell pepper is well cooked, remove from heat.
- Add the sour cream. Pour all into a blender and mix. It will form a thick sauce.
Cut the top of the reserved pepper to serve as a container for the salsa . Remove all seeds. Pour the salsa in the yellow bell pepper and use the top of the pepper to decorate.
Be sure to visit Despicable Me 2 on Facebook.
Happy Cinco de Mayo!
Disclosure: No monetary compensation was provided or this post. All opinions are my own.