It’s almost May! April showers will soon cease and the sun will come out more often. More sun means spending more time outdoors. I love the fact that I get to show a little more skin and let the sun work a little magic on my skin but as a Latina finding the right beauty regimen can be quite confusing. I want to look good and feel good but putting my skin or health at risk is not an option.
I suffer from mild dermatitis, combination skin, and I burn easily even though my skin tone is pretty fair. Finding the right products are crucial in keeping my skin healthy and supple during this time of season. Why? Well, Hispanic skin varies in color and type, and every individual will have different skin care requirements based on age, health, skin condition and lifestyle factors. A consultation with a dermatologist is highly recommended. Read below for a list of skincare tips provided by Dr Zizmor.
Keeping Your Skin Healthy
Some tips to keep you skin healthy are:
- Get regular check-ups to detect any skin cancers or suspicious lesions.
- If you suffer from acne, ask about available treatments. Acne has various causes; a specialist can determine which treatments are best for you. Light therapy, antibiotics, topical creams and other methods are possible options.
- Rosacea is less common in Hispanic skin, but it may manifest as redness and a bumpy rash, especially in those with sensitive skin.
- Beware of using steroid creams for long periods of time, as this is associated with rosacea.
The Impact of General Health on Your Skin
The overall health of your body has a huge impact on the condition of your skin. Here are four time- proven tips that will help to keep your skin and everything under it in top shape.
- Get enough sleep. Most adults need 8 hours.
- Eat a healthy diet. Include plenty of nutrient-rich vegetables and fruits.
- Keep yourself hydrated. When you don’t drink enough fluids, your body will use what is available for essential functions; this means that your skin gets robbed of its moisture.
- Stay active. Exercise increases the delivery of oxygen to your skin.
Professional Enhancement Options
When you need more than over-the-counter products can provide, there are professional aesthetic options available that don’t require surgery. Chemical peels and laser skin resurfacing restore a smoother appearance to the outer layers of skin. Wrinkles, lines and furrowed areas can benefit from injections of collagen or other cosmetic fillers. Consult your doctor for more information.
About Dr. Zizmor:
As a leading expert in cosmetic dermatology, Dr. Zizmor has written seven popular books on skin care, including bestsellers such as “Dr. Zizmor’s Skin Care Book” and “Dr. Zizmor’s Guide To Clearer Skin”. As a leading expert in cosmetic dermatology, Dr. Zizmor has been called on to lecture extensively at medical conferences. He has been featured on television, radio and in numerous publications including The New Yorker, The Wall Street Journal, The New York Times and Harper’s Bazaar in which he was recognized as one of the “Top Ten Doctors” in America.
What skincare tip would you share that I missed?
Call 1-800-771-6654 or visit his site here to learn more about Dr. Zizmor’s services and to receive a free gift during your next visit with Dr. Zizmor by providing the code LMB2012.
Disclosure: This is part of a compensated campaign with Latina Mom Bloggers and Dr. Zizmor. However, all opinions expressed are my own.