Sharing During The Holidays
Our family loves to bake cookies around this time of year, especially my little one. I’m not sure if it’s the cold weather, the aroma of warm cookies in the air, or simply loving to share tender moments in the kitchen. It may be a combination of all three but one thing is certain – cookies are loved by everyone.
Before you start creating delicious memories with your loved ones, the experts at La Cocina de HERSHEY´S® have a few tips for your horneando juntas:
- Invite guests at least two weeks in advance, giving them time to RSVP and provide the recipe they plan to make.
- Encourage guests to bake with their immediate family and bring traditional cookies from back home; perhaps suggest that they bake with ingredients such as coconut, guayaba, dulce de leche, among other traditional Latin flavors. Having a piece of home during the holidays is always comforting!
- Inform your guests of the total number of people attending and ask them to bring at least a half of a dozen cookies per guest, with which they will exchange their batch.
- Encourage them to arrive with an empty, sealable container to take home other guests´ cookies, but make sure to have extra just in case, because tasting your friends´ sweet treats and bringing them home is what an horneando juntas is all about!
- Consider hosting an horneando juntas on a Saturday morning and invite your guests to bring their children – they will enjoy the cookies as much as you will!
- Don´t forget to play festive music to start welcoming the holidays in spirit!
- Be sure to offer a hot seasonal beverage, such as HERSHEY´S® Cocoa or warm apple cider. You may also want to have coffee, tea, milk or juice.
- Everyone loves a goody bag! To complement the array of cookies at your horneando juntas, ask that your guests provide their recipes in advance so that you may create recipe books to provide to your guests in commemoration of your party.
My Favorite Cookie Recipe
Around this time of year I make plenty of coquito so I’m always left with a couple of cans of sweetened condensed milk in my pantry for this particular recipe by HERSHEY´S® . The Chewy Peanut Butter Blossoms are delish and so simple to make.
These are the perfect cookie to take along to your next intercambio de galletas (cookie exchange)!
Take a look!
- About 48 HERSHEY’S KISSES Brand Milk Chocolates
- 1 can (14 oz.) sweetened condensed milk (not evaporated milk)
- 3/4 cup REESE’S Creamy Peanut Butter
- 2 cup sall-purpose biscuit baking mix
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- About 1/4 cup sugar
- Heat oven to 375°F. Remove wrappers from chocolates.
- Beat sweetened condensed milk and peanut butter in large bowl until smooth. Add baking mix and vanilla; blend well. Shape into 1-inch balls; roll in sugar. Place 2 inches apart on ungreased cookie sheets.
- Bake 6 to 8 minutes or until very lightly browned (do not overbake). Remove from oven; immediately press chocolate piece in center of each ball. Remove from cookie sheet to wire rack. Cool completely. Store in tightly covered container. About 48 cookies.Variation:
CHEWY CHOCOLATE PEANUT BUTTER BLOSSOMS: Add 1/4 cup HERSHEY’S SPECIAL DARK Cocoa to baking mix; proceed as above.
Cookies Make Great Gifts Too!
HERSHEY´S® brings you a plethora of recipes that make wonderful gifts. From recipes like Brownie Bites With Magic Frosting to Winter Wonderland Snowmans, the fun never ends.
The Prize Includes
(1) bag of HERSHEY´S® KISSES® Chocolates
(1) can of HERSHEY´S® Cocoa
(1) $10 Visa Gift Card for the purchase of additional recipe ingredients
How To Enter:
- In a comment below, tell me why you love most about a cookie exchange with your friends.
- Extra Entry: “Like” The Digital Latina on Facebook. (Leave a separate comment if you did. Thanks!)
- Please be sure to enter a valid email address. ** This giveaway ends December 21, 2011, at 12:00 P.M. EST.***Must be 18 years or older to enter. Open to U. S. Residents only.*
Make your holiday complete with other great recipes by visiting La Cocina de HERSHEY´S® .
Are you on Facebook? “Like” the HERSHEY´S® Kitchens on Facebook too!
Disclosure: The Hershey´s product, information, recipes, and prize pack have been provided by The Hershey Company through MyBlogSpark.