The other day I had some tamarind. It reminded me of when I was a child, hanging with my dad, we would drink a nice cold cup of parcha (tamarind juice). It was delicious and refreshing. I decided to look around the internet for an easy tamarind juice recipe. And voila.. I found one!
Here it is:
Prep Time: 10 mins
Total Time: 1 day
- 1 In a teakettle bring water to a boil.
- 2 Place the tamarind pulp in a heatproof mixing bowl or baking dish.
- 3 Add lime juice if using it.
- 4 Pour boiling water over the tamarind.
- 5 Stir in sugar and/or honey.
- 6 Cover and allow to stand several hours or overnight.
- 7 Strain the tamarind water through a strainer or clean cloth.
- 8 Dilute with more water and add more sugar or honey to taste.
- 9 Refrigerate and serve over ice.
- 10 As variations, a few spoonfuls of cinnamon, vanilla, or grated ginger may be combined with the tamarind pulp before the water is added.