I know sticking your head in the freezer is tempting while in the middle of cooking this summer, heck I’ve done it myself once!
Here are a few tips to keep your head and your home cool.
Keep it cool in the cocina:
1. Add an exhaust fan to your kitchen window. Send all the heat from the inside to the outside. Here is one that is nice, effective and affordable – under $25!
2. Try to cook on the stove-top or toaster oven as much as possible. A stove/conventional oven produces a ton of unwanted heat.
3. Summer time is a great time to introduce your family to an abundance of fresh sandwiches, veggie-filled salads like the this delicious greek salad (below) and chilled soups like the Cucumber Lime Soup. The natural colors of food make any plate bright and inviting.
4. Grill more – Cooking outside is an automatic way to keep your house cool. Cook your meal outdoors and enjoy a nice grilled meal indoors.
5. Don’t cook every night. Take one day to cook your week’s meals and freeze them! Here are some great freezer meal ideas.
6. Summertime is great for sushi. Don’t you agree? Make it a sushi night at your place.
7. No-bake cakes, fruit cups, and trifles (below) make delicious desserts without the heat of an oven.
Don’t sweat it .. get it!? Have a great summer everyone!
What are your tips on how to stay cool in the cocina (kitchen) this summer?
Photo Credit: Wylio.com