When our family chooses to go on a cruise and spend such precious time away from our busy work and school lives, we choose none other than to cruise with Norwegian Cruise Lines (NCL). Nothing says adventure and relaxation like NCL.
NCL offers high quality accommodations that are suffice to keep my family entertained and pampered without making a dent in our wallets. With sailings right out of our New York City, we automatically save substantially on flights and a little sanity. No need to schlep our luggage from home to airport then from airport to hotel. We simply find the nearest cruise leaving from our city and before we know it, we’re in “vacation mode”.
As you set foot on the ship, you are welcomed as part of the NCL family, a home away from home. The fun never ends, from succulent dinners, beautiful sunsets, and exciting shows in the theater. The Norwegian Gem had so much to offer our agenda during our stay, every day was a new adventure waiting to happen, even if we just decided to lounge around and do absolutely nothing.
Our itinerary included, Port Canaveral, Florida, NCL’s private island of Stirrup Cay, Bahamas, and Nassau, Bahamas. Sailing from the North East was a breeze and before we knew it, we were in the tropics. Travelling on a ship as beautiful as the Gem, makes sailing a wonderful experience.
NCL’s Norwegian Gem complimented our family style so well. The basketball court and rock climbing wall kept my husband very happy since he did not have to sacrifice his athletic side just because we were at sea.
Playing Nintendo Wii™ on the ship’s massive two-story screen wasn’t too shabby either, my 7 year old was very excited and awed to say the least. The 4 lane bowling alley kept our competitive family on our toes! I couldn’t get over the fact that we were bowling at sea!
Norwegian Gem’s Highlights
- Bowl, dance and bowl some more – all to the DJ’s soundtrack in Bliss Ultra Lounge.
- Marvel at the talented Teppanyaki chefs slicing and dicing lobster, steak, chicken and scallops
- Play Nintendo Wii™ on the ship’s massive two-story screen.
- From traditional fine dining to endless buffets with custom-order action stations, there is a host of delicious options included in your cruise fare. For an additional cover charge, you’ll have access to a world of possibilities including gourmet French, Japanese teppanyaki and an upscale steakhouse – 16 different dining options in all.
- Second City® comedy troupe, a state-of-the-art fitness center, Nintendo Wii™ on a 2-story screen, waterslide, a climbing wall, bars and lounges of all kinds, pools, hot tubs, kid’s centers, teen discos and more are all on board and included in your cruise fare.
- Flexible accommodations ranging from the affordable to the over-the-top opulence of our Suites & Villas.
Ship Completed: 2007
Guest Capacity: 2846
Length: 965 feet
Beam: 125 feet
Number of Passenger Decks: 12
Number of Rooms: 1190
Number of Restaurants: 12
Number of Pools: 3
Number of Elevators: 12
Voltage: 110/220 AC
Gross Tonnage: 114,500 Tons
Cruising Speed: 25 Knots
Total Staff: 1,180
Our family certainly had an unforgettable time and we cannot wait to sail away once more. Bon voyage!
Diclosure: This was a non-sponsored post. All opinions are my own. Many thanks NCL for the V.I.P treatment on-board.