Happy Sabroso Saturday!
This morning we arrived from our incredible family vacation. This year our family took an early getaway on the Norwegian Gem to the Bahamas (story to come so please stay tuned).
In honor of such delicious and savory food on the ship, I bring to you a recipe I found on the Food Network site for shrimp cocktail similar to what we had. My husband loved the Colossal Shrimp Cocktail served at Cagney’s Steak House. It was so good so I had to share it with all of you for Sabroso Saturday.
Learn more about the Sabroso Saturday blog hop here!
- 1 lemon
- Kosher salt
- 2 pounds large shrimp in the shell (about 30)
- 1/2 cup chili sauce (recommended: Heinz)
- 1/2 cup ketchup (recommended: Heinz)
- 3 tablespoons prepared horseradish
- 2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon hot sauce (recommended: Tabasco)
Cut the lemon in half and add it to a large pot of boiling salted water. Add the shrimp and cook, uncovered, for only 3 minutes, until the shrimp are just cooked through. Remove with a slotted spoon to a bowl of cool water. When the shrimp are cool enough to handle, peel and devein them. Keep cold until ready to serve.