I looked up where Ambrosia originated from and the Food Time Line website says it was considered a “food of the Gods” an “American Dessert“.
It sweetness will sweep you away into clouds of Mmm Mmm goodness. The contrast between tangy and tart leave you wanting more. One cup after dinner will be suffice but I wouldn’t judge you if you go for more. Its delicious, try it! This is a super easy recipe. This recipe was found in Taste of Home recipes. Check them out for more tasty recipes.
- 1 can (11 ounces) mandarin oranges, drained
- 1 can (8 ounces) pineapple chunks, drained
- 1 cup miniature marshmallows
- 1 cup flaked coconut
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- You can also add grapes, bananas, apples. Have fun!
- In a large bowl, combine the oranges, pineapple, marshmallows and coconut. Add sour cream and toss to mix. Cover and refrigerate for several hours. Yield: 4 servings.